Rum Club, Tropical Kitchen
Relaxing, chilling, enjoying life to the fullest, that is the art of ‘liming’. It’s also the philosophy we want to transfer to our guests at Rum Club. Deep in the cellars of Utrecht, there is a tropical paradise arising. Guests can enjoy all things tropical; the food, music, cocktails, beers and rum will all contain influences of exotic places.
Other than a place to sit back, chill and enjoy island style food and drinks, guests can also shake it to the hottest jungle, Caribbean, hip-hop and tropical beats provided by our resident DJ’s.
Are you the multitalented bird of paradise we are looking for?
An Internationally orientated food lover with a strong backbone, tropical food making skills and overall bad-ass in the kitchen.
As a chef at the Rum Club, you love working with fresh ingredients, sourced locally and globally. You challenge yourself to use those ingredients and make the best tropical food Utrecht has ever seen.
Rum Club Utrecht
- open 7 days a week until late
- serving platters of tropical food to share
- over 200 different kinds of rum
- specializes in tropical/tiki cocktails and exotic beers
- doesn’t shy away from a good ‘ass shakin’ party
- is a place of relaxation and makes guests feel like they are on a holiday
You + Rum Club are made for each other when you:
- Live and breathe hospitality, it is in your DNA
- You’re a real team player
- You possess a hands-on mentality (and not in a Mike Tyson kinda way)
- Challenging yourself comes naturally
- Flexible (in terms of working hours, not yoga)
- Are based in the Netherlands, preferably Utrecht
- Proficient in English (Dutch is a plus)
- You have some experience in hotels and restaurants
- You’re open to learning new skills, and share trade secrets
- You possess a (dark) sense of humor
- Good knife skills
- You love everything that involves cooking, tasting and serving food in every way, shape or form